Monday, October 20, 2014

Anna Karenina

Oh I wish I have not deleted Anna Karenina from my phone before I took a sceen cap. The lady on the cover looked so similar to the description of Anna in the novel.

I don't think there is much else left to say about this one. This novel is one of the best novels (past and now). The characters, their interactions, descriptions of the surroundings (both urban and rural) are all masterful and brings the pure joy of art into the reader's soul. This time I was especially impressed with how Levin (he is one of my literary crushes, men you can't find in real life) SPOILER     came into faith. It is towards the end of the novel and one of the best passages to describe how it is to believe.

From the first time I have read it, I have found Kitty and Levin's story more interesting than Anna and Vronsky's. This time again I felt it. It is just that these characters are so unlikable, people I'd not want to sit and chat with, that their relationship didn't feel as powerful and interesting as Kitty and Levin's. However it is Tolstoy's power of pen that I have cried so much during Anna and Seretsa's reunion.

All in all this is a must read for anyone who can read.


No comments:

Post a Comment