Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ocean's 11

Photo credit: https://aneeshchaganty.files.wordpress.com/

Ocean's 11 is one of those OK Soderbergh films. The first time I watched it on theater I was surprised that there was not a single one among the hotties in the film that I fancied. They are all good actors and did their jobs well but you'd think that among 11 men there would be one that'd appeal to me. Anyway this viewing at home was more mellow and since then I have actually been to Vegas I was able to like it more. Bellagio is a beautiful hotel and it is nicely filmed here. Anyway it is also a heist film and your point of view is the of the thieves. My sister always says that it is not good side with the thieves and I think she is right. Even though you still don't want them to get caught.

One exception to this was The Town (directed and starred by Ben Affleck, now here is a guy I would not throw out of bed - and he is a very good actor too) in which I cared for the characters but I never sided with them. I liked the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment