Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Saving Mr.Banks

Photo credit: http://brainsnorts.files.wordpress.com

Saving Mr.Banks was recommended to me by my manager at work and it sounds like the sort of film I'd enjoy. There is Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks two of my all time favorite actors. Their popularity do not marr their talent in my eyes. Both are top notch in the film (as expected) and since I have actually seen Mary Poppins - the film Walt Disney is trying to adapt from a novel written by P.L Travers - the story's fictional "making of" segments appealed to me. I have never check the director though. I had the idea that this is just another generic director. Well maybe it is but Mr.Hancock apparently also directed The Blind Side, one of my all time weepy faves and Saving Mr.Banks also made me cry buckets. I was not expecting a family melodrama and even though my two least fave leads (Colin Farrel and Ruth Wilson) were starring in the family drama sections.

This one for me is a keeper for the excellent acting and the melodrama that completely suits to my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment