Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shiri


Shiri is the first S.Korean film I have watched. And made fell in love with the country's cinema. Starring two of my favorite S.Korean actors Song Kang Ho (in the sidekick role here but currently one of the most loved stars in the country) and Han Suk Kyu (now kicking ass in historical TV dramas). The female lead is Kim Yun Jin. Choi Min Sik is the villain and he is a great actor but one I can never warm up to for some reason.

Spoilers from hereon:

The story is about a North Korean sniper sent to S.Korea and later on in her career there took on an undercover job. The big reveal of the film is that she had a plastic surgery and became the girlfriend and then fiancé of a S.Korean agent who is on the hunt for the sniper. A part of the N.Korean army rebelled against the peace policies with S.Korea and sent an elite force to bomb away a friendly football game where the leaders of the two countries will be present.

It is an action film with a whodunnit, a melodrama and a love story combined together. Acted in the perfect tone and I don't know how many times I have watched it (I think four) and I still cry in the end.

This is still very good after all these years and I highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment