Monday, October 27, 2014

Salmon Fishing in The Yemen




Salmon Fishing in Yemen was a film whose trailer I have watched on another dvd and decided to give a chance since Ewan McGregor is starring in it. Also Emily Blunt whose appeal escapes me but she doesn't harm anything as far as I'm concerned. Now I was not aware that this is directed by Lasse Hallström whose films leave me feeling as if something is unfinished. And I didn't like his adaptation of Chocolat (well I didn't like the novel that much either but it was still a lot better than the film).

Anyhow without any preconseption, I seem to like this one. Ewan McGregor was excellent as the island man (that particular male specimen belongs to the British isles) and he didn't even look that handsome (but of course dreamy anyway). Emily Blunt got the same reaction from me* and I even cried. Now I can't imagine how good the book is and want to give it a try if it comes out my way.

Of course I didn't pay this amount for this dvd, it was half off.

* It is very strange how people's features are pleasing to some and not so pleasing to others. Ms.Blunt is a perfectly pretty woman who is a decent actor and for some reason I can't like her. And I'm not a 'love to hate' person except villanious characters in fiction. Strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment