Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm So Excited (Los Amantes Pasajeros)


I'm So Excited (Los Amantes Pasajeros) is a Pedro Almodovar comedy. Now this is not among the best in his filmography but I enjoyed it as I enjoy all his films. This one is heavy on the sex jokes so it may offend some people. I liked them a lot and the actors were all so good. Banderas and Cruz have cameos in the beginning but the film's three leads are Javier Camara, Carlos Areces and Raul Alevaro as the flight attendants in the business class section of the plane. I loved these three gay men who also have a song and dance number (which they perform seriously to I'm So Excited) which is hillarious and fun.
But again this one is very light and doesn't have the depth of other Almodovar films (even comedies such as Women on The Verge of a Nervous Breakdown).

So all in all I have enjoyed this one a lot but it is not among my favorite films of the director.

No comments:

Post a Comment