Thursday, July 17, 2014

Just Like Heaven


Just Like Heaven is one of those books I got at an on line bargain bin. And even though I didn't really like it, reading it made me realise that romance novels are just the thing when one if fasting. So I ordered a bunch of them from an online second hand book shop thank God. Back to the book, it is a romance novel but there were not (m)any intimate scenes and the whole thing was a bit disjointed. The couple knew each othe from their childhoods the man being the best friend of the woman's elder brother. So the obsticles were not really obsticles, there was the side plot of the brother being banished from UK which went nowhere and as I told before there were not any intimate scenes. But even more than the lack of them, the overly cute prose was a turn off. Now I'm not anti cute but the prose was like Gilmore Girls (who I like a lot) style but without any wit or smarts. I read a bit about Ms.Quinn and she seems a great person in real life (she even won The Weakest Link) and she is one of the best selling authors in USA. But this one was just not for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment