Thursday, July 31, 2014

American Hustle

Photo Credit http://i.telegraph.co.uk

American Hustle is the latest film of David O.Russel, director of Silverlinings Playbook. Now I was entertained by Silverlinings Playbook but didn't see the big deal. I love Jennifer Lawrence but don't really care for Bradey Cooper. And it seems that this director likes to continue to work with the actors. In this one luckily there is Christian Bale (I started to like this guy in Batman films and liked him A LOT after The Machinist) and Amy Adams (love her). I don't like Jeremy Renner and don't see his appeal at all but he is also there.

Again this film has the untidy cinematography that I don't really care for. The actors are all good, performances solid, period detail adequate but this director and I so far do not gel well. I liked the soundtrack and Bale, Lawrence and Adams. It is better than nothing no? 

No comments:

Post a Comment