Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mandate of Heaven (aka The Fugitive of Joseon)


Mandate of Heaven (aka The Fugitive of Joseon) has indeed applied to many of my kicks.

Cute child actor + a bonus :   The little girl was so adorable that many scenes I cried were the ones including her. And there was this child actor with such adorable saggy cheeks that I wanted to pinch them every time he was on screen. Just look at these two, aren't they cute?



Photo credit: http://kdramanmore.files.wordpress.com/

Handsome lead who is a decent enough actor : I really like Lee Dong Wok and not just because he is handsome but also because he is organic. His teeth are his own, there isn't any obvious plastic surgery on his face and I like him even more for this.

Villains I love to hate :   This show was villain rich. There was the despicable Kim Chi Young and then the most evil Queen. There were also side kick villains with each different personalities

Secondary Male Who Has His Own Love Story : Yeah, here we have a handsome policeman who is in love with our hero's sister. He was very handsome too.

A Logical, Independent, Angel Like Female Lead : Yeah they are not as lively and tend to be stoic but I love this type and the actor was very good.

Great side characters : (as usual with this type of drama golden hearted bandits living in mountains)  I loved these people and their stories. They were all over acting but it didn't hurt.

Lots of action and melodrama : Yep even though the action scenes were only above average and kind of repetitive I enjoyed them and the melo was spot on.

All in all I'm very happy with this one. It was a breeze to watch and just what I needed in Ramadan.



No comments:

Post a Comment