Monday, July 7, 2014

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Photo credit: http://welivefilm.com/

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is adapted from a YA novel everyone was raving about, and it never captured my attention. I saw some of this on TV and liked the warm colours of the cinematography and Emma Watson so I decided to give it a go next time I was able to watch it in its entirety. So I did. It was about an (probably) abused  (I'm guessing by his weird Aunt) teenage boy whose best friend has committed suicide previous year and he had psychotic episodes and got well and started high school without any friends. OK yes this is as a few first world problems as it sounds and I never sympathised with the kid. But I liked Emma's character (a girl who was a drunk and a slut at her freshman year who wised up at her last year) So I even shed a few tears but not really was into it. It also made me surprised that they didn't figure out the David Bowie song (we could be heroes) I assumed at least they would have hear of Moulin Rouge soundtrack or something. I guess I'm just old :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment