Monday, August 18, 2014

The Guardians of the Galaxy

The Guardians of the Galaxy as opposed to Philomena, I wanted to watch this one ever since I have seen a teaser in a cinema in Bangkok. And I love the soundtrack (Hooked on a feeeeling).

So the Saturday night found me walking to the only theater in town to catch the late viewing (the only one with subtitles - as opposed to dubbed). And I liked it very very much. These heroes have problems but they come together and make it work. Also the theme of friendship and friends sticing up for each other is there. Chris Pratt is the star-lord (even saying that makes me laugh) and Zoe Saldana is a green assassin. Bradley Cooper (this guy is everywhere - happy for him, not happy for me) as an artificially engineered racoon, Dave Batista is a tough guy criminal who seeks revenge for his dead wife and kid and finally Vin Diesel is "Groot".

This one is emotional and fills you with warm and fuzzy feelings. Listening to soundtrack and loving it. Also looking forward to the sequel.

Chris Pratt is good looking (and I found out that he is married to Anna Faris - not that is a couple I like a lot)  but a funny guy - and not like Dane Cook or some other such funny actor who thinks being decent looking entitles them- and he is very funny in this one. But a goofy funny, not "I'm handsome and lost weight and got ripped for this film" funny.

All in all this one is good for everyone (and yes I even cried during that one but since I was in a theatre with other people, who were not crying, I tried to keep it at a minimum) I will purchase the dvd for this one since I see myself watching it again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment