Thursday, August 7, 2014

Miss Conspirator (aka Ms.Go)


Miss Conspirator (aka Ms.Go) was a film I have only got because I like the lead actress Go Hyun Jung. And it was boring and not really very good. With S.Korean comedies and me there is no in between, it is either constant laughter to the point of stomach ache (Attack The Gas Station) and others leave me stone faced (Kick The Moon!) this one alas belongs to the latter group and at one point I even dosed off and had to rewind. Not only the jokes didn't work for me but also the rythm was a bit off.
However there are some interesting delights:

* No idols or pretty boys in this one, everyone looked organic and not handsome. There is Park Shin Yang, probably the most famous of the male cast and the others are all character actors.

Spoiler

* There is some romance but it doesn't lead anywhere and our very smart heroine drifts off into sunset alone and as happy as a clam. With her real person looking love interest going the other way knowing that she is safe but also knowing that she'll not going to forgive him.

All in all it was a waste of time but I liked the refreshing changes listed above.


No comments:

Post a Comment