Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Winter of the World


Photo credit: Goodreads

Winter of the World  I had taken a screen capture from my audible but it got left in my other phone so the visual is taken from good reads. This was not as good as the Fall of Giants where more time was spent with the characters but it was a decent read with lots of action and what these two novels did for me was to not to get repulsed by the war genre anymore. I was also very affected in the Pearl Harbour scenes having been there and can imagine the location and destruction very well. I was really sad for the Von Ulrich family but applauded their resilience and strength of character.

All in all this ended up being a decent follow up and I can safely recommend the audiobook. John Lee was very good (although not as good as in Fall of Giants).  

No comments:

Post a Comment