Wednesday, December 31, 2014

About Time

About Time was recommended to me by a colleague months ago and I can believe it took me so long to watch it (purchased the dvd at an internet discount) Not only I love Rachel MacAdams but I also like this director. The usuals are here, a quirky sister with problems, slightly original but loving family. Odd group of friends etc. I liked the fact that the male lead looks like a real person (instead of a jeunne premier) and had great chemistry with Rachel MacAdams.

This one is more of a slice of life of an ordinary man who is a good man with a kind heart (my favorite type of person) And this maybe the only time travel film I actually enjoyed. Our hero can travel through the past years of his life at will. There are some consequences of course but generally this device is used more to the effect of appreciation of life and love and family. The difference was that the film had a slightly lighter tone of visuals at the Cornwall scenes and I usually don't like it but loved it here.

Tears were flowing halfway through and by the end I needed a tissue (which was ruined as the credits roll).

A good film to end the year with and definitely a keeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment