Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Shining Girls

The Shining Girls is one of those novels recommended highly on line and I purchased it second hand at amazon. I liked it. It has an ambitious plot. A serial killer who has found a way to time travel and kills women who he thinks "shine". Meets them as little girls, sometimes gives them a token and then years later meets them again and kills them viciously. One girl however survives his attack and decides to catch him. Kirby is our heroine who is smart and determined. The serial killer, Harper is a disgusting human being and we have Dan an ex crime reporter who got burned out and switched to sports. Kirby worked hard, looked for clues and finally nailed the bastard.

The story is told in a non linear way that suits the time travel angle. Time travel is not one of my favorite plot devices and this one was not a novel I craved to read. But whenever I picked it up I forgot the world around me and was completely into the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment