Monday, December 22, 2014

Why Not As Many Films/TV Shows This Month? Some Musings

First off I suffered from toothache and my root canal renewal is still ongoing. I even had to take antibiotics and despite the fact that I have taken the final pill this morning with the dentist appointment tomorrow evening I still have a trace of an ache (nowhere near the real ache but it still is there)

Anyway also I have started to spend more time with my mother in the evenings. I'd walk from the first stop of the work shuttle to home via a looong route (all the while listening to audible) and reach home at about 19:30 and we watch this game show called super puzzle (it is a word quizz similar to scrabble) and then I feel really tired and fall asleep (I think twice without even saying the night prayers) listening to the audible. No films, no dramas etc.

I hope I'll break this cycle and return to my beloved film viewing soon. In fact I'll try a studio Ghibli film tonight (not one of Miyazaki's, one that I have never watched before). It is my birthday after all.

Birthdays are strange as one gets older. Now they don't matter as much. I'm hoping that there will not be cake (there had been cake in all of my birthdays - sometimes more than once, which is good I guess) this time. But there is an amber of excitement too. I have finished a year. A sense of needless accomplishment. It feels good, not in the way of the yesteryears but in a different way. Thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment