Monday, December 29, 2014

Whisper of the Heart

Whisper of the Heart is the only dvd I was able to finish this week (I actually fell asleep in the middle of it but started to watch right after I woke up in the morning). It is probably the only Studio Ghibli film I do not have in my collection (excluding of course the latests of Hayao Miyazaki which I already recorded and plan to watch next week inşaallah). And of course any film of Goro Miyazaki since I didn't like what he did with the Earthsea adaptation (Planning to read the books again in their original language this time)

So it is not a wonder that I loved this film. There is some whimsy in it but mostly it is a coming of ageish story of a girl who falls in love. I loved Shizuku and her daily adventures. There is something about high school romance that appeals to me. The way everything seems like it is the end of the world at the time. Looking back I sympathise with that feeling.

Also I'm singing Country Roads since Saturday morning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment