Thursday, June 18, 2015

Faithful Place

Faithful Place is a novel that got me interested for a couple of reasons. First I love the first two novels from this writer and second there was a preview read at the end of the second one The Likeness. And I was hooked even with that. But the novel entirely suited to my tastes. As it frequently happens nowadays I guessed the killer right at the beginning. But this novel has so much more than its mystery. One of the reasons I like Tana French is that she writes great character. One can understand and even if not sympathise, at least can empathise. This story is about first love, family, sisters and brothers and the hard facts of life. Especially the love story was so good. And this is one of the nowadays rare books that actually made me forget sleeping and almost everything else. I just kept reading.

I'm eager for the fouth novel now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment