Thursday, June 11, 2015

Child 44

Child 44 I have seen on web at an article on books that will become films. And this is a serial killer novel at a time when Stalin ruled Russia. Firstly after a couple of chapters I have decided to treat it as an AU crime novel rather than try to absorb period details, mood of that time etc. The period details felt a bit in surface, aimed to shock you and told in a way that makes you question the loyalty to fact (now is the place to tell you that the author actually seemed to make a thorough research based on to read list he has provided etc.) As soon as I have stopped questioning the validity of the setting I was into it. This is an action novel with a mystery. Similar to Dan Brown novels. So if you like them then you'll like this one.

And I have just checked out the wikipedia page of the author (to ascertain his nationality for the post label) and he is really handsome if that makes a difference to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment