Friday, January 23, 2015

The Young Victoria

The Young Victoria was another film I have purchased on the whim (since I don't really like Emily Blunt though she is a decent actor) due to it being a costume drama - and I have a weakness for these. Therefore imagine my surprise when I actually liked it very very much.

It is a slice of life film of a monarch who has to deal with stuff but also it is a love story. The director Jean Marc Valleé chose to tell the story in snap shot scenes that give us clues on the progress. Snap Victoria is bullied by her mother's lover, snap Victoria eats at a feast with the King and familiarises herself with Melbourne, snap she meets Albert, snap Albert pines for her in Germany etc. Another thing I didn't see comings was how much I actually cried during. For some reason I started at the wedding proposal scenes (kudos to both actors) and continued on after that. I'm very happy that this one turned out to be an unexpected keeper. I still don't care for Emily Blunt though.

No comments:

Post a Comment