Monday, January 19, 2015

Earthsea Quartet - The Farthest Shore

The Farthest Shore is the third book in the Earthsea Quartet. This time our hero is accompanied by a yound prince called Arren in his dangerous adventures (and these are the parts I remember in that atrocious adaptation) to the, yes, the farthest shore of our AU, Selidor.

I liked it a lot though not as much as the other two. Arren is a good hero but he didn't interest me as much as the others. This time Ged meets a might adversary but we observe the consequences of the actions of this villain, rather than the villain himself which we see for just two pages worth. Also a good part of the novel is how a king is made.  I liked the water people segment and of course the dragons (who doesn't love dragons) but all in all I'm glad this one is finished and I'm currently reading the last book (which is so far so very good). 

No comments:

Post a Comment