Friday, January 30, 2015

The Killing Doll

The Killing Doll was one of the safe novels I keep aside. They are safe because I have a good idea that I'll like them. Ruth Rendell is one of my favorite crime writers (except, for some reason her Wexford novels) and I was not wrong to pick that one up right after A Gesture Life. It is not nice to finish a great novel and then barge on one that makes you cringe in a bad way. Safe novels are for such times. After reading it (once again Ms. Rendell is so good on giving us glimps to the psyches of disturbed people and for further satisfaction, everyone got their just desserts - well except the sister of one of the killers, that girl was wrong to shut the door on her bro) now I feel ready to embark on an adventure of risking to start a book that I may not like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment