Monday, January 5, 2015

Grace of Monaco

Photo credit: deadline.com

Grace of Monaco is one those slice of life films that tells the fictional biography of the story of how Grace Kelly was offered the lead role in Marnie and then how and why she refused. And how she helped to solve a political crisis with France at the time.

It simply was not a good film. First off I love Grace Kelly she is my favorite classic film actress. And I like Nicole Kidman. She is great in the right role. This was not it. The performance was not bad but everytime she is on screen (which is A LOT) she was Nicole Kidman. Not Grace, not even close. She wore the clothes, the make up, the hair fantastically. She looked very pretty but she was not Grace.

Anyway the film had loads and loads of close up shots and I do like looking at Kidman's face. One interesting note was that Maria Callas was played by beautiful Paz Vega and despite her best efforts she was not Callas either. This made me appreciate Cate Blanchett's performance as Katherine Hepburn. Soon after I forgot that the was Cate Blanchett.

Not recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment