Thursday, May 17, 2012

Inside The White Tower Eps.10-11

White Tower keeps making me stay up but I was able to limit to just two episodes since 11th didn't end in a crucial cliff hanger.

Dr.Jang was successfull in his political related surgeries but his mistake in not doing a biopsy to another patient combined with the incompetence of the timid doctor has caused him to pass away. Dr.Choi did the right thing and helped the family out to get an autopsy and in the end, Dr.Oh concluded that the surgery was a success but the lung shadow on the x-ray was not the past tuberculosis - as Dr.Jang thought- but cancer.

Now the family is suing Dr.Jang (and Dr.Jang only, not the hospital) for malpractice. And the lawyer is the Korean actor I find very very likable whenever I see him on screen (unfortunately I'm not able to find his name yet since he is usually in very small roles and not easy to find on net).
Now the key here is whether Timid Doctor will testify or not. Well obviously he should since he also reminded Dr.Jang the biopsy and he said it was not necessary. And the man died because Timid Doctor was too well timid and unsure to press on and demand that his patient should be treated accordingly. I feel bad for the family and I certainly hope that Timid Doctor Yum will learn a valuable lesson here. A person's life is more imporant than your insecurities, career fears or timid nature. And these don't mean I think Dr.Jang is totally innocent. He just upped and left knowing the nature of this doctor and that there is post op trouble with the patient. He is not kind by nature and could have prevented all this if he deigned to agree to do what Dr.Choi asked in the first place. It was not a personal request or anything. Just a biopsy. And a man died. Now Dr.Jang is going in with three lawyers and the family with one lawyer who is not a corporate one but works social cases.

The witness thing is especially important to me since our Holy book specifically tells us to be a witness of truth even if it will to our own disadvantage. It is easy to say truth and doing the right thing are most important however it is not so easy to actually do this when you have lots to lose. Timid Doctor obviously loves working in the hospital and hopes for a career in there. I don't know his personal situation but he will be fired or at best ostracized  if he testifies and tells the truth. I'm neither timid nor as hesistant or in capable of fighting for what I know to be the right thing but if I was in the same position - testifying against my manager - it would be very hard for me. I love my job and it is hard to put it to risk. I'd like to think that I'll be able to do it though. I sure hope that I'll never be put to test (thank God that my manager is an honest and principled person).

I'll Walk Alone is very predictable in prose (I still don't know who the culprit is but I know MHC's MO) but I'm enjoying it.

Operation Declutter yesterday was fail :( 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment