Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Beethoven Virus Eps. 13-14, The Beast House - End, Cehennem Öyküleri






Beethoven Virus keeps getting better and better (despite playing with the same plot over and over again) and I love the clash of the master and the apprentice and the woman they both love who chose to be with the master (and is going deaf). I just love the rag tag orchestra has to prove themselves over and over again. But most of all I love the soundtrack and Kim Myung Min. The man is so good. Maybe I'll look into Bad Family and I'll look whether he was in any sageuks or not. Jang Geun Seok is adorable and I love him and his lovely speaking voice but he doesn't stand a chance against Kim.

I have finished The Beast House and pleasantly surprised that it ended relatively happily for the good guys. I'm looking forward reading The Midnight Tour (even though I think I have read it before years ago). Richard Laymon is the man.

And while I was browsing at the supermarket, I was inevitably drawn into the books bargain bin (and had to force myself away from dvd bargain bin but that is a different topic) and have found a small book of short stories that got me interested.




Cehennem Öyküleri (lit. translation: Hell Stories) This one doesn't have anything to do with the macabre but the hell in questions is more of Satre's hell, existentialist. I do like the ideas of the writer Süleyman A.Örnek, someone I have never heard before. It is a tiny book but gave me a few things to think about this morning on the shuttle bus and during my lunch break.


Meanwhile the city I live in (even though I actually live in the suburbs) is going through tough time. Environmentalist protestors were subjected to police brutality and this caused a more general protest. It has been going on for more than 5 days now and people are getting harmed every day (one person died). I feel kind of ashamed not be there but not enough to take a few days off and join them I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment