Monday, June 10, 2013

The Lone Star, Blade Trinity, Friends With Money, The Tower

This weekend was a social activity filled one and I was not able to watch a lot of films and they were all from Digiturk or other.

Here they are:

The Lone Star I enjoyed this one. There is a particular visual style accompanied by a great script and a soundtrack which went well the with the whole thing. Now I don't know if I'd keep seeking John Sayles' other films but  again, I had a good time with this one.

Blade Trinity it was not bad but I actually fell asleep towards the end and had to rewind twice(!).

Friends With Money Here is where I stand with Jennifer Anniston. In the entertainment gossip side of things, I'm with team Angelina. In the acting side of things, I don't think she is a good actor but is harmless in a few films (I LOVED her in 'Just Go With It' though. And this is one of the films I really like for some reason. It is not a special film, your usual U.S.A Indie, decent performances, generic cinematography with lots of talking. But I love it and loved it again in this viewing (and I didn't fall asleep).

The Tower This S.Korean disaster film had great special affects and stunts but a lousy script and all the usually good actors somehow managed to ham their performances up. We constantly snarked throughout the film but of course I cried at the end (I succumb easily to Korean melodrama).

Meanhile I'm still reading The Midnight Tour and it is I think the most violent among the three books and the beast had only a cameo (as a baby at that) so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment