Monday, June 17, 2013

Majou no Jouken Eps 6-7, Total Recall (Remake), It Could Happen to You, The Birds - End, Sorun Bende Değil Sende

Ok I have finally given in and started to root for our taboo couple. They seem to love eachother very much and the teacher is simly not mature enough to be able to think clearly. I was pretty immature at her age too (thank God it didn't manifest itself as anything drastic as the one in the show) this is the side effect of a spoiled childhood where you are loved well and a lot :)
And they are good people too. They both wanted to help the abused girl and if they had not interfered she may have committed suicide (yeah that got me into their corner pretty fast). Also his uncle didn't judge them and helped them out, who am I to do otherwise?

This weekend was again more social than I care for. So I only watched two films

Total Recall (Remake): It just was not good. I mean everything was there but somehow the whole thing lacked something (such as good acting maybe, the only good actor in the cast showed up and died in less than one minute and the second best stood only for maybe 5 min total) The leading ladies are both pretty and fit but you can't get a good performance out of them even if you add them together. Colin Farell in my case is someone I can't easily sympathise with since he looks very much like a guy who has given me troubles in the past. Maybe I should watch the original since the story could have been interesting.

It Could Happen to You This is a very good rom com and warmed the heart as it was supposed to do (I don't know how many times I have watched it but I still cry at the scenes I have cried the first time I saw it.

Meanwhile I have finished The Birds and the Other Stories, and a delightful surprise was The Little Photographer; a story I have read when I was in elementary school (secretly reading my mother's womanly magazines) and even though it was way above my age at the time, remember liking a lot. And it was even better in English (although the Turkish translation at the magazine was not half bad). All in all I love Ms. Du Maurier.




Now my book stock is dangerously low (two books remained only) so I did some shopping  and purchased three books of a blog writer (internet phenomenon, as they are known in Turkey) pinkfreud, and it is not really bad but not what I have expected. Her blog is a bit like what Joan Rivers does but done way way better.
The name of the book is Sorun Bende Değil Sende (I think the best translation would be "It is not Me It's You") I read it and don't dislike it but don't like the format (a new guy in every chapter with some pop sociology scattered through).




No comments:

Post a Comment