Friday, April 5, 2013

The Magician'd Nephew - End, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - End, The Horse and His Boy

Ok nights are spent reading Chronicles of Narnia, and I'm loving these books and keep wishing that I have read them as child, however as with all good prose I'm thoroughly enjoying them as an adult too. Now I have started The Horse and His Boy which is just as gripping as the first two.

Meanwhile I'm thinking of finishing Gangs of Wasseypur I. This was an impulse buy made only based on a few good comments in the Bollywhat forum. I was able to finish the first half of the first film but do not want to return to it since Mr.Kashyap is not a director to my own heart. At least in Dev D. there was a sense of style but here it is dull camera, dull visuals, great actors trying to bring the tired screenplay into life. This is not good storytelling. Anyhow, I don't have to finish it but I don't have urgent urges (heh) to watch something else and I'm hopeful for Gangs of Wasseypur II where Nawazuddin Siddiqui is the lead (I have nothing against Manoj Bajpai, he is a good actor but nowhere as charismatic as Mr.Siddiqui).

No comments:

Post a Comment