Monday, April 29, 2013

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko - End, Brave, The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, Indecent Proposal, Bergen S:2 Eps.2

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko ended very nicely. I like this type of Japanese dorama, no fuss, no grandoise spectacle, only some good conversations and nice people doing nice things. Also I liked the fact that Shinsuke decided that marriage was not a bad thing only after he developed feelings for our good doctor. And the doctor admitting her feelings and opening up to Shinsuke first was great. All in all this one is a win :)
Amount of tears: Moderate


Brave despite the accents and the fact that I don't like this type of animation, I loved Brave. And I loved the ending because the princess didn't get married (oh God I need to stop this getting married thing).
Amount of tears: Copious

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants  this is not a life changing film in any way so no one should expect much out of it but it was a decent enough time spent and the girls all gave good performances. There was an amount of sincerity to the whole thing.
Amount of tears: Copious 

Indecent Proposal I saw this one years and years ago and it didn't leave any impression. This second viewing was more pleasant. Firstly I'm now older so I can understand the conflict better, secondly I like the 80's MV sensibility of the whole film.

Borgen S:2 Eps2      Casper and Katherina are made for each other. Too bad it would probably take the whole season for them to admit this. The series started nicely but this second episode was not as good. Anyway I enjoyed it.

Meanwhile The Pillars of the Earth is so so good that I have to stop myself from reading all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment