Thursday, April 25, 2013

Silent Hill:Revelation, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko - Eps: 5, A Week in Winter - End, The Pillars of the Earth

Silent Hill:Revelation well I have not seen the first one but it was fairly easy to follow, disgusting and scary visuals and an interesting story with a decent message but all in all I can't say I was scared, I was not very impressed either. It was all so familiar, been there done that etc. I have become jaded as far as horror films go, so maybe I need to watch Texas Chain Saw Massacre again.

I have started another Japanese drama called Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and it means The Man Who Cannot Get Married. I'm loving it. First it is about people my own age, and it is about people who have not yet married for reasons more to do with themselves than lack of candidates. He is antisocial, honest to fault and a creature of habit with a kind heart. She is nice, happy in her own company but does not reject social interaction. She is sensitive and also very kind. They are both hardworking, they love their jobs (he is an architect, she is a medical doctor) and even though they are not particularly worried of being single they do feel the need for the company of a significant other from time to time. And they are attracted to each other and he is more forthcoming but she is shy also a bit weirded out by his insensitive (but honest) remarks and unusual behaviour.

By the interactions of his neighbour who doesn't understand him but she is helpful and cheerful and two colleagues who understand and like him just the way he is, our hero is slowly starting to expand his small world and I'm loving every minute of it.

A Week in Winter is the balm for my soul bruised by Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night, it was classic Binchy and I loved every page of it.

And I have started The Pillars of the Earth written by Ken Follet. To be honest I was not really that into this novel (maybe turned off by its popularity, or by the fact that I was never interested with this author) But I have read the introduction on Amazon and liked it very much and encouraged by the fact that this is nothing like his other novels (by his admission - although it is not nice of me to reject his other work before even reading one) I have purchased this behemonth of a book and currently I'm very very happy that I did. I like the story, the characters and the information of life in medieval times. It is just as well that I have visited MET's Cloisters (and liked them so much) because now I can picture the scenes at the monasteries much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment