Monday, December 24, 2012

Scent of a Woman -End, Nights in Rodanthe-End, The Unconsoled

Scent of a Woman was very good to the last drop. I cried and cried and cried but it was good kind of crying (as opposed to say Grave of the Fireflies, heartwrenching sort of crying). Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wuk chemistry was off the charts, I loved the soundtrack and tango references. All in all I'm very happy with this purchase (I'm so happy that so far three out of three of my purchases are good ones).

Nights in Rodanthe was very good too. It is a short novel (almost a novella) and the film was a very good adaptation.

And now I'm giving myself a treat for all the crying (yeah unsuprisingly I have cried reading Nights in Rodanthe too) I have started Kazuo Ishiguro's The Unconsoled and right away my heart swells with the thankfully familiar pleasure of reading great prose.

I'm thinking of taking a break from dramas and East Asian films and watch Indian films. This is of course because I have taken the plunge and gave an order last week and they all arrived today, thank God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment