Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rooftop Prince Eps 1-2, Dark Places

Last night I felt the need of some sort of fluff because

I have started to read Dark Places and love Gillian Flynn even more with this second book. It is even better than the first one. I wish I had bought Gone Girl (but maybe it is better to wait until it comes in paperback). Anyway this book's lead is a woman who survived a family massacre when she was 7 years old. She was hiding in her mother's bedroom while her mother and two sisters were brutally murdered. She has hear his 15 year old brother and all the time thinks he is the one who committed the murders (he is a teen who is into heavy metal and he is friends with the wrong people). She has lived using the donations until she is in her early 30s but now the money is finished and she is not emotionally equipped to have a job. This is not a nice person. She steals, she lies, she is angry and scared all the time (well, understandably). She agrees to attend as a VIP guest to a convention of true crime enthusiasts and she realises that there are people out there who think that her brother Ben is innocent of the crime. They argued with her she didn't actually see what was going on and that there was another shoe print at the scene. At the time people think it was a satanic cult murder since brother Ben liked to listen to Slayer and there were symbols etc. drawn on the walls using blood. So she starts to think about the whole thing and remembers that she has heard other voices along with her brother's that night. And the reader knows that the brother is hanging out with shady characters (a bored rich girl and her distant relative who likes to put Ben down at every opportunity). So because of economical reasons - she correctly thinks that people will pay her to talk to various related people in the case and she also thinks that she can sell her family's stuff as mementos (her Aunt took them and she kept them unopened all these years.

So it is obvious that I needed some sort of fluff and I have decided to watch Rooftop Prince. I don't really care for either lead (although I did like Han Ji Min in Capital Scandal) but I have watched a promo for it and the fish out of water scenes were very funny. All of these are in Eps.2 and they were really hillarious. Joseon Crown Prince and his three subjects in today's Seoul got loud laughs out of me but my dreams are still not very happy (this is the third night I'm having truly weird dreams, maybe I shouldn't have started Dark Places - heh).


No comments:

Post a Comment