Monday, December 10, 2012

Rooftop Prince Eps.15, Dark Places - End, Crimson

Rooftop Prince really hooked me. It feels like the first time I have watched dramas. I just want to watch and watch and watch. This is extra amazing because I don't even like either lead that much Park Yoo Chun was nice in Sukyunkunkhwan Scandal but I was much more impressed with Yoo Ah In and Song Jun Ki much more than I was with him. And Han Ji Min was the unlucky female lead of Cain and Abel one of the few K-Dramas I really didn't like but only watched because I paid for it and So Ji Sub is georgeous. Well I liked her much better in Capital Scandal and here I love her to bits. First of all she is "angel" archtype - my favorite- and she looks her age but pretty, nothing seems artificial and I hate the baddies who want to harm her.

All in all this is not a good drama, full of cartoonish side baddies, logic leaps but it is also very funny and emotional. I hope it doesn't go bad on me in these last 5 episodes.

Meanwhile Dark Places was such a treat. Seriously this was one good book and I can't wait to read Gone Girl now.
As usual after all the darkness I need something lighter and picked up a book by a writer called Shirley Conran. The book is titled Crimson. I remember reading a novel by this lady where women got trapped at a desert island or something but I also remember I didn't really appeal to me. I liked the TV series Lace (adaptation of one other novel she wrote) well at least the first episodes since they are the only ones I can remember. The novel started as usual and I'm interested so far - but of course it is nowhere as good as either Gillian Flynn or Barbara Cartland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment