Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mawang Episodes 5-6-7 and about half of 8

My dvd player is probably dying on me and I seriously am thinking of getting a new one. It started screen freezing last night and I was not able to watch the larger half of episode 8 of Mawang. And it is such a good drama. Everything happens so fast. We are introduced O Su's sin, love triangle established, the purpose behind the murders revealed and we are not even halfway through yet. Now the only unknown is the identity of the mastermind who so meticulously planned everything it seems. There are some variables such as Young Cheul and Ex Detective Cha - also the fate of clueless bro, disloyal lackey and bad man friend.

It is very exciting and Joo Ji Hun is simply perfect in the lead role. I like how quietly strong his acting was (and of course it helps him being georgeous) and Uhm Tae Wong is his usual competent self (but I have to say that I loved the character he acted in Resurrection much better). Repentance is an interesting concept and I applaud the drama for making the hero - it is not firmly established that O Su is the hero- having such a big burden on his conscience. And he should carry that big burden as long as he lives because he actually was guilty.

Meanwhile Mawang is also suffering as very conveniently exposed by Shin Min Ah. He knows what he does is wrong and he wants to be stopped but cannot stop on his own because of his brother and mother. They are dead now and they will not be coming back and it is only natural that he wants revenge since the killer and his bogus witnesses got off free without any legal consequence and there was not even an apology or any outward remorse.

Well I'm the least likely person to seek revenge since I simply don't have it in me. I don't hold grudges and am inclined to forget and even forgive. Thank God.

Anyway Shin Min Ah is leaning towards O Su because I think his wounded, guilty soul needs nurturing and Shin Min Ah is a caregiver by nature. Also the heart wants what the heart wants - there is the yummy, churchgoing, philantrophist, great with kids, rich and successful but also humanitarian lawyer but whether she is afraid of his tormented soul (tormented because he is going towards the bad - as opposed to tormented but going towards the good O Su) or what but she doesn't show any interest towards him.

Meanwhile Motherless Brooklyn also ceased to be boring and at one point (when I stopped reading the made up Tourette words that is) turned into a better read for me. But I won't be sad to see this one end.

No comments:

Post a Comment