Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mawang Episodes 1 & 2

I have started Mawang (The Devil) last night and am completely hooked - even though I stupidly read the whole recaps for this one a couple of years ago and utterly spoiled myself-.
This writer director team produced one of my favorite K-dramas Resurrection and I'm hoping this one will produce similar effect on me. And so far so good.

Joon Ji Hoon is perfect as the hero/villain (one interesting aspect of this drama is that both male leads are hero & villain while I think the true villains are O Su's family) a genius young lawyer who has mysterious motives. Of course I know that he manipulates people to complete his elaborate revenge but even knowing it doesn't lessen the suspense.

Shin Min Ah is a psychic who can see traces of things that happened when she touches an object (though this doesn't happen everytime), she has helped the police before to solve a serial murder case but she is also the painter who has painted the tarot cards left in murder scenes (and also sent to O su).

Uhm Tae Wong is a homicide detective - with a rich and influential family- who is seemingly honest although a bit blunt.

Delicious.

Meanwhile Motherless Brooklyn is literally putting me to sleep. It has murder, mob and Tourette's and I'm bored. Seriously what is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment