Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mawang - end, The Lake - End, Kalın Kitap, Sis ve Gece

Last night I have finished Mawang and it ended with a bang. The last four episodes were very very good and got me going tear wise. Revenge is a notion I'm not familiar with in real life. By nature I'm forgiving and it is very easy for me not to dwell on what happened. This of course has its disadvantages but in the end I'm happy to be born this way. So revenge is one of my favorite teams in fiction. This revenge was very good (still did not reach Old Boy levels but it was good). And furthermore it is clear to everyone in the end that it is an endless cycle which does nothing to improve a person.

Great performances, great script (apart from the whole pyshcic thing) and one good drama  - even though I kept falling asleep most of the time. It is worth it for the last four episodes.

I have finished The Lake which was excellent. A book to my own heart and in the ended I wanted a relationship as the one similar in the book even though it is between very damaged people.

And I have started Kalın Kitap (lit. translation Thick Book) a collection of the newspaper coloumns of one Turkish journalist, DJ and novelist Ayça Şen. I like the girl and I'm having fun with it. But since it is not a novel I have decided to also start Sis ve Gece (lit.translation The Fog and The Night) by Ahmet Umit, a best selling Turkish mystery writer. I have never read one of his books before and this one started not that bad. Maybe I'll even like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment