Friday, September 28, 2012

Shallow Grave, Downton Abbey Episodes 1- 2- 3

Shallow Grave to me is a film that is a keeper. Tidy, very good cinematography, lots of close up and to the faces of the actors too, great actors (with one of my faves Ewan McGregor) and a decent story of human greed.

I have finally started Downton Abbey and it is very good and kept me interested but I find the whole thing a bit shallow quality wise. Everyother BBC period drama I have watched were heavier than this. Well I guess reading Thomas Hardy is probably not helping me either I guess. I like it but I'm not in love with it - so far that is-.

The Woodlanders is getting worse and worse and wores. Giles died and for such a stupid reason too. Yes men are usually very selfish but once in a while they are good guys but also stupid. Marty was only a secondary character and Grace will probably go back to her husband now and even be happy meanwhile poor Giles. But I'll wait until the book ends before commenting more. Let's say I'm not very fond of Grace right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment