Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Anonymous, The Flying Swords of Dragon Gate

First off I have completely forgotten to add Anonymous to the weekend haul.

Anonymous - aaand the reason for that is I have watched the film, liked it a lot and then in the end I have realised that it was directed by Roland Emmerich. Yet another reason not to prejudiced. This is not a masterpiece or anything, I don't think I'll even want to rewatch it again but I liked it. Maybe it is because it is a period film and British actors are in it, maybe it is the great costumes and sets or maybe the story which I have found very interesting. In the end I had a good time watching it and this only ever happened once as far Emmerich films go.

Now last night I have watched

Flying Swords of the Dragon Gate now this one I loved. Whether it is the novelty of filming in 3D or the great cast or something but Tsui Hark has got his mojo back. I have had a great time watching this and most probably will not to watch it again and again.

Now some of the special effects were not flawless but I was caught up in the good parts and totally forgave them. This reminded me of the good old Hong Kong films I love to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment