Monday, September 10, 2012

The Tree with Deep Roots Eps 1- 10

Oh yes. The Tree with Deep Roots (it is translated in my legit Malay copy as Deep Rooted Tree but I'm going to go with the wider known title) completely hooked me. First off this one is a powerhouse of acting both from cinema greats and drama veterans. Visuals are good and the music very catching. Also the drama has this habit of cranking music up in dramatic scenes which is hillarious but I love it.

Another thing that got to me was that I was truly suprised when a crucial twist was revealed. This doesn't happen to me anymore that often (side effects of watching/reading too much). Actually the last time I felt this way was when Ned Stark was beheaded.

Against my better judgement I tried to watch 4 episodes last night but could only make two since I had been out in Istanbul all day today benefiting from good company and excellent weather (I wish I was able to say good food too but everything was fail except the creme bruleé and I'm not that much of a dessert person).

And lastly Jang Hyuk - this man is great with comedy and drama and I love him best when he is the hot headed man with a haunted past in a costume drama. He has an excellent way of acting completely bonkers (and congrats to the child actor who was also very good) and to me he is a very handsome man (his face looks feline and those lips are very very kissable).

Of course the acting powerhouse in the Deep Tree house is Han Suk Kyu. His acting is of the understated type but he makes it work so well - I swear he made the whites of his eyes turn red in one scene. I'm - once again - in awe. 

Meanwhile Kushiel's Chosen is going great, I don't even mind the lack of romance now.

No comments:

Post a Comment