Saturday, July 4, 2009

War And Peace - Volume II

I couldn't leave War and Peace last night. The novel is so good that I simply had to keep reading.

Devastating things happened at the battle in Austerlitz. Napoleon beat the Russian/Austrian armies and my Prince Andrey got wounded and captured by the French. Napoleon asked a doctor to take care of the wounded but he declared that my Prince will not get well and left him to the care of the locals (Austrians). I hope that he didn't die.

Princess Marya refused to marry Anatole thank God. She saw him hugging Mademosielle in the winter garden and suddenly understood that her father is right. Yeah he maybe overbearing, moody and possesive but at least he has her best interests in his heart. And he would have let her go if she accepted to marry.

After the battle Rostov went back to his family who rejoiced in the meeting and showered him with love and affection. He is very happy now and decided not to try to marry Sonya (yet).

Dolokov is rumoured to be involved with Héléne and Pierre, although much respected and welcome everywhere, does not seem to be happy in his marriage.

I just hope that Prince Andrey is not dead, the book will still be excellent without him but I started to care for this fictional character so much that I'll feel really bad if he dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment