Saturday, July 18, 2009

Long Vacation, Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince and Fantastic Four, The Rise of the Siver Surfer

Ok we go from bad to good.

Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Siver Surfer (2007) Directed by Tim Story, Written by Don Payne, Mark Frost adapted from Marvel Comic of the same name created by Stan Lee
This is just a stupid film with very good special effects. Nothing worth mentioning.


Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (2009) Directed by David Yates, Written by Steve Kloves adapted from the novel of the same name written by J.K Rowling
I loved it. Sure it is a condensed version of the novel, with most of the Snape bits gone but I liked how the director gave all the emotions and interactions, the cave and the horcrux scene was wonderful, so was Hermoine's birds.


Long Vacation (1996) Directed by Nagayama Kozo, Suzuki Masayuki, Usui Hirotsugu. Written by Kitagawa Eriko

I did a marathon of this drama last night. 7 episodes and I couldn't stop until I finished it. It was really good. Especially Kimura Takuya as Seno and Yamaguchi Tomoko as Minami. Everything in it felt real in that drama sense and I invested in the characters. And the kissing scenes were fantastic especially the last one - I admit to rewinding. This is the first J-Drama I really liked (so far I have seen Gokusen, Hana Yori Dango (1) and Nodame Cantabile).

Meanwhile I still read War and Peace but I'm losing that special excitement. It is more to do with the continous comments on the war and critisim of what the various historians wrote about it. I wish we could go back to the characters. Still, I'm curious about what's going to happen to Natasha, Marya and Nikolay.

No comments:

Post a Comment