Monday, July 27, 2009

The Proposal, Dry Wood Fierce Fire and Chekov

The Proposal (2009) Directed by Anne Fletcher, written by Pete Chiarelli
It is an OK film, nothing really impressive but it was enjoyable and I was entertained. Sandra is nice.

Dry Wood Fierce Fire (2002) Directed by Wilson Yip, written by Kwok Chin Kin, He Gu, Eileen Yeung

This film is special to me since it is the first Hong Kong film I have watched at a Hong Kong cinema. I can't help but enjoy it at every viewing. Miriam Yeung is very lovable and I love how Louis Koo makes fun of his own good looks.

Meanwhile Remember Me is finished and I'm reading Chekov's short stories which are delightful. This is a book I read from time to time. Chekov is a bit gloomy at times and stories are not really that dramatic but his sense of humour and the wonderful prose sucks me in and I find myself sometimes laughing and sometimes pensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment