Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sassy Girl Chun Hyang

Photo credit: http://lovingkdramas.blogspot.com.tr/

Sassy Girl Chun Hyang is a Korean drama inspired by the old Korean tale of Chun Hyang. In the old tale Chunhyang is the daughter of a gisaeng (a high priced prostitute) who falls for the son of a noble man. He loves her back and goes to enter the state exam. Meanwhile town magistrate Byun falls for Chunhyang but she resists not only all his advances but also his bad treatment staying loyal to Munryong. This is a story with a happy ending :)

The drama takes that tale and modernises it to comedic effect. As with most K-dramas though, it gets really melo and angsty towards the end. I liked it very much but I guess I would have liked it better if it was one of the first K-dramas I have seen. Now that I have more than a few in my belt, this felt a bit stale. Regardless I enjoyed it and give it a try at the youtube link below. I had been looking for a legit dvd in vain for years and finally succumbed to this. I guess the only place I can watch Sang do will be on line too.

https://www.youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment