Wednesday, August 12, 2015

It Happened One Autumn


It Happened One Autumn  OK Ms. Kleypas, I surrender. At first I didn't like you that much but now your novels really work for me. And I love it when that happens. I suddenly started to like Scarlett Johanson and now don't mind films starring Christian Bale. And Lisa Kleypas won my heart slowly with her wallflowers series. I have read Summer, Winter and now Autumn and looking forward to spring. I like her smart heroines and flawed heros although the hero of this novel is just to my taste. A man who is cold and logical towards everyone but melts towards the heroine. I just love it that the hero, though cold and logical, is not cruel or mean and redeemed by the heroine. It is like that Mary Balough novel with the Duke. Anyway there were salutes to Pride and Prejudice too. All in all I'm very happy with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment