Thursday, May 23, 2013

Yumurta, His Christmas Pleasure - End, Revenge (not the TV Show)






Yumurta (lit.translation Egg) Last night I have watched Yumurta and liked it a lot. Semih Kaplanoğlu turned out to be a director I may like (well not as well Nuri Bilge Ceylan, whose works he clearly are inspired by) but I like the story he told and the way he told it. Nejat İşler was excellent in the lead but I didn't really like Saadet Işıl Aksoy. She is pretty I suppose and her performance didn't suck but there is something about her that doesn't sit right me. Oh well, this was a good viewing after all. Minimal amount of tears.

His Christmas Pleasure turned out to be more about feelings than erotica and to my surprise I actually cried at some scenes. Seriously what's with me being the easiest crier in the world?

Now I plan on starting





It is actually kind of weird since I'm so eager to read this but at the same time I'm a bit sad since I like looking forward to things. I hope it will worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment