Monday, May 20, 2013

The Great Gatsgy, İncir Reçeli, The Apparition, Coupling Season 3






 The Great Gatsby (2013) Baz Luhrman is a director to my own heart. I love his visuals, his excess in everything and how well he directs his actor. On the other hand I would probably wait for the dvd if this film did not star Leonardo Di Caprio. He was wonderful and I liked the film too (of course as an adaptation it will lose to the book but then again this is usually what happens no?). The film reminded me of Moulin Rouge with Nick in the Ewan McGregor part. And I certainly did not understand why the film was in 3D. I'm glad I saw it on big screen though.

İncir Reçeli (lit.translation Fig Jam) I have heard about this film from here and there and when I had the chance to watch it on TV I took it. I didn't expect to like it that much or the tears that I shed through it. I would not call this a good film. Directed somehow generically by Aytaç Ağıtlar, it doesn't have the art of cinema but it is good storytelling and I liked the characters. I especially liked the fact that the male lead was not handsome or charismatic. He seemed pretty much the regular guy we see around us.

The Apparition I watched this on Digiturk and it was bad but I somehow kept going. Anyway it is not worth it. What is it with this stupid horror films I keep watching every weekend just because they are there? I need to stop it.

Meanwhile there was a slump in Borgen and The Good Wife (we have all been there and done that) but I keep liking Grey's Anatomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment