Monday, July 2, 2012

Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2, Modern Family Season 1, Be Strong Geum Soon 7-12

Spiderman is a great film. One to watch again and again and enjoy. This is the film that made me like Toby Maguire.
Spiderman 2 is just as good. No matter how many times I watch it, I still love it the same (maybe even more).

Due to a communication accident I have found myself loaned Modern Family Season 1 and Season 2 - I like the show but not that much of a fan of it. Gave Season 1 a try and I find it nice to be able to watch one after the other. It is more fun that way. Hawaii portion really made me miss Hawaii.

Meanwhile I have watched 6 more episodes of Geum Soon and it is getting better although poor Geum Soon is really suffering.

Geum Soon and Jeung Wan got married despite the opposition of Mother in Law. She also insulted Geum Soon at every opportunity. Well to cut a long story short during these 6 episodes Jeung Wan died at a car crash - he was coming to Seoul because Geum Soon got lost and called him. It is not actually to find Geum Soon but more of an opportunity to see her. When dying his last thoughts were of Geum Soon. The family is crushed when they have found this. Bank Bro and Dad went to the hospital and just as the doctor (Kang Ji Hwan) came out of the operation room telling them Jeung Wan couldn't make it.

Grandma sold her house to finance the wedding (well Geum Soon's part of it) and gave some to this invisible uncle (who didn't attend Geum Soon's wedding either) and moved to the aunt in law's house.

And now comes the worse thing: her in laws kicked Geum Soon out. At night, in the winter. Her father in law put a rather thin envelope of money in her shocked hand and they cut all the ties saying that the marriage was not registered anyway (it was only three days after the marriage Jeung Wan died).  How can one kick a pregnant woman, who became a widow after three days of marriage out in the cold. Furthermore despite not being stupid, Geum Soon is rather naive. She was sheltered by her Grandma (they never even told her that her mother left her, she thinks her mother is dead - she has no picture of her mom), living in a small with only high school education.

Now she is in Seoul, she cannot go back to her grandma - who is living with her uncle's wife and daughter and their economic situation is not very bright either - they were the ones who rented the room to Jeung Wan.  Her in laws didn't let her in despite her crying and banging the door  - to be fair Bank Bro wanted to take her in the house but Mom, Dad and Serseri Bro didn't want her. Mom never really liked her and according to her Geum Soon caused her son's death. She hates her and shouted her and kicked her out. I try not to judge people but I find it hard not to be angry with them. I felt my heart feeling cold as poor Geum Soon went to a jimjilbang, then in the morning had to lie to Grandma that her in laws are treating her nicely. And to top it all her wallet was stolen and we left her as she sat by the road, opened her carryall and take her photo with Jeung Wan out and look at it in tears.

Stupid in laws, but I know, I simply know that Geum Soon will forgive them. She is that kindhearted.

Bookclub told me to start Nana - I actually feel terrible as I further read The Beautiful and Damned since the characters are going through a bad period now -and I'm really into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment