Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spring Waltz - End, Black Tulip

Last night I have watched 5 episodes one after the other and completed Spring Waltz with happy tears in my eyes. Male lead was the human version of an anime character - seriously I wanted to take him home and put him on my dresser. He was so cute. The sexy one though was Daniel Henney. Anyway I would have been happy even if the drama starred Jon Il Woo (I can't like that guy ever) since the cinematography was so so good and I loved the soundtrack. It is worth the sleepless night and most definitely a keeper, also my fave amoung the season series.

Now this wet my apetite for Love Rain, a more recent drama by the same PD. As a bonus it stars Jang Geun Seuk :)

We also decided to establish a small book club at work. Currently it is four people and we have chosen Alexandre Dumas' The Black Tulip as our first book. Now I have read it years ago and remember loving it since Dad Dumas never dissapointed me but not much remained in my memory. So I have checked out the English translation but ended up getting it in Turkish (well one of our book club members gifted the book to us, furthermore it is a 'two in one' classic, the other book being Nana by Emile Zola (yet another book I have read as a teen and totally forgot but I do like Zola - now I happen to like a lot French novelists come to think of it) The first couple of chapters of Black Tulip are really good.

Also I'm really into The Devotion of Suspect X , it has the genius vs. genius theme which I got to love in Death Note and despite the fact that I'm rooting for the good genius (as always) the writer manages to feel sympathetic towards the bad genius too (well at least so far). I like it when a novelist is kind to his/her characters, way to go Higashino Keigo San. 

No comments:

Post a Comment