Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Centurion

Centurion This one was suprisingly good - to me. Loved the actors, loved the concise story, loved the whole trimmed effect this film has (especially in comparison to one long film after another that I have had)

Tonight I plan on watching the remaining episodes in the first Geum Soon disc (I like the story and the characters, it is just that the episodes are short and I have to watch the title sequence every half hour or something. But of course this may change since I have an Ozu box set on hand that I want to give a try. Never saw an Ozu film that I didn't like so it is probably one of those sure bets. And I don't remember Ozu films being so long.

This issue of length has nothing to do with my viewing preferences. I have difficulty in keeping both night and morning prayers. For some reason - some reason being truly a lazy bones- I can't muster the energy to get out of the bed to say the prayers after watching a film. Well as usual writing this I realised that it is not a matter of length, it is a matter of laziness :(

Meanwhile the book club at work told me to start Nana after Monday. To be honest I'm not that eager to start that one, especially since The Beautiful and Damned is going so well - it is not The Great Gatsby but definitely came like a saviour after the boredom of Fifty Shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment