Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sitcoms and Moonlight Mile

The last two nights I was alone in the house (my mother and sister went to visit my aunt) so I had the sole control over what to watch. I ended up watching reruns of Big Bang Theory and new season of Happy Endings (which is not really that good but I kind of like watching it and thinking how not really good it is). Meanwhile Moonlight Mile is yet another excellent Dennis Lehane read. I'm most definitely impressed with this writer. Whatever he is telling comes alive with his prose and I do understand the eagerness of making films out of his novels and how these films pale in comparison (well I have only watched two). Mystic River - directed by one of my favorite directors Clint Eastwood - had some scenes exactly the same but the same magic is not there. Mr.Lehane's brilliant prose is missed. Even in Shutter Island (a more successful adaptation imho) - directed by another one of my favorite directors Martin Scorsese- still was nowhere near the tense suspensful feel of the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment